Friday, October 14, 2005

A Dream I Had on 10-14-2005

I was riding on a train with my dad and my brother, Ed. I'm not sure what direction we were heading, or where we were going or why but it was a very long train ride.

Everything was normal for the most part except that Ed wasn't 21 years old like he is in reality, but he was about 8 or 9 years old (flattop and all.) My Dad wasn't his actual age either, he was a lot younger, but all this time I was just the usual 25 year old that I am today.

I wasn't saying much, just reading and sleeping in the train cart, watching the scenery pass by outside but Dad kept hounding Ed about reading. He was forcing Ed to read some really complicated books by French and German authors and several American classics, telling him that he had to read them because it was important. He was being one of those parents who pushes their children so hard that the kid ends up resenting it.

And that was it. Just me, my dad, and my 8 year old brother of the past riding a train to nowhere.

I'm not sure why I keep having dreams where the only thing that is really out of the ordinary is my brother being much younger than he should be, but if you'll recall, this isn't the first time.