Friday, October 10, 2008

I Can Only Imagine What Things Are Like In New York

I don't know if I've mentioned before that the accounting firm that I work for merged with a financial services and wealth management firm and now a number of the CPAs in the office do extensive work of that nature. The focus of many of our top tax people has shifted from tax work to wealth management. This shift was made much at the same time that we moved into a new building, our office being on the third floor now as opposed to the first, like we were before.

We have a pretty large office and it has two sides: an audit side and a tax/wealth management side. I sit on the tax/wealth management side, right in the middle of the top wealth management guys.

With the stock market looking something like this over the last month:

Dow Jones Global Index 2008 - 09-10 - 2008 - 10-10

I've heard A LOT of jokes about people throwing themselves out of windows or climbing to the roof to jump.

I bet the jokes on Wall Street have an especially morbid tone these days.