Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Daydreaming the Summer Away

I am having a rough go of it right now. I can't seem to concentrate on anything at work! Between constantly thinking about my pending CPA exam results, and constantly waiting for the phone to ring with news of Lindsey going into labor, my mind is completely fried. Not to mention that fact that other than time off to study I haven't really taken any vacation time since tax season ended.


If I wasn't planning to take a week or two off after the birth I would use some of my banked overtime to just stay home and relax a little bit, but I really want to maximize my time home with Sam.

Also, I was able to ignore it a bit during tax season because I was so busy, and then again when I was studying because I need to focus, but now my desire to sit down and play Guitar Hero (any version) until my eyes bleed is back with renewed vigor. This has not been made any easier by the fact that I got to play Rock Band for the first time recently and I freaking LOVED it.

At first I thought that singing as part of a video game would be ridiculous, but it turns out that my years and years of sitting alone in my room as a kid, and later driving alone in my car singing along with song after song after song were just the right practice for Rock Band. I think I've been in training to play this game my whole life. It is so much fun.

Try singing along to Weezer's "Say It Ain't So" at the absolute top of your lungs, making sure to scream out the jam part at the end and tell me you aren't having fun. Or singing along to Radiohead's "Creep" as loud as you possibly can, being sure to sing the unedited album version as opposed to the radio-friendly alternate version with no curse words. It's hard not to enjoy it in my opinion.

The good news is that it is only a matter of time in each case.

Lindsey is due on June 19th, which is a week from tomorrow. See my next post for the most recent update about the pregnancy.

And I think the CPA exam results should start being released next week. Historically I've gotten my result in roughly three weeks, which would be next week.

Wouldn't it be wild to find out that I passed the exam and have my son born on the same day! It might just be too much in day, but in such a good way.