Thursday, April 19, 2007

Out of the Frying Pan, Into the Fire

Well, another tax season is officially (finally) over. When this one got started I thought it was going to be a nice, smooth filing season, but by the end I think it may have been one of the worst. I think I worked more overtime this year than any other. At the very least, my overtime was more heavily concentrated at the end than ever before, making the last four weeks excruciating.

With that done you might think I'm preparing to take it easy and enjoy the rest of my year. I wish that were true. It's been a long time coming, but I finally scheduled an appointment to take a couple of parts of the Certified Public Accountant's exam.

On May 30th at 12:30 pm I will take the Auditing and Attestation portion of the exam, and on July 13th at 1:30 pm I take the Financial Accounting and Reporting portion. I scheduled these two first because I think they are going to be the most difficult for me to pass. The two remaining sections, Regulation (which deals with taxation issues) and Business Environment Concepts, seem a little more up my alley, so I think they will be a bit easier for me.

I don't mind admitting that I am scared out of my wits to finally take these tests. I want so badly to be done with them that I just want to study intensely until they are done and put all of this behind me.

Wish me luck!