Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Well.....Not Completely Well

I got the results of my blood work today. With the exception of my cholesterol, everything is fine.

My total cholesterol was 232. I have been led to believe that a count of under 200 is good. The breakdown is this:

HDL (High-Density Lipoprotein): 36
LDL (Low-Density Lipoprotein): 154

I realize that those numbers do not total to 232, but I'm not sure if they're supposed to. Like most of us, I'm throwing myself on the mercy of health care professionals when it comes to my health. Lucky for me, I have a bad-ass health care professional at home. I haven't talked her yet, so I'm sure I will understand it by this evening.

The doctor recommended that I adopt a low-fat diet and begin getting some cardiovascular exercise.

Oatmeal here I come.