Wednesday, January 24, 2007

About Being Well

The reason I decided to finally visit the doctor was because I want to adopt a new philosophy about my own health, which is fairly simple, and based on logic and conclusions from other areas of my life.

It occurred to me that our health is similar to our retirement. Most of us don't worry about it until we get older and it's kind of too late to worry about it. Obviously when it comes to both retirement and good health it's never TOO late to start thinking about it, but you get my drift.

In order to be prepared for what the future holds, it is best to begin planning for these things BEFORE they become issues in our lives. Any financial planner will tell you that the best time to start planning for retirement is immediately. Few people do, but everyone should start planning and contributing to their retirement with their very first job out of school.

The same can be said for health in my mind. Rather than wait to start worrying until I'm 40 or 50 and beginning to have problems, I figure it will a much better idea, and probably a much more successful method to start planning with prevention now rather than dealing with maintaining later.

So, that is going to be another of my long term goals. Comments? Thoughts?