Friday, September 08, 2006

Woot Woot!

We are so homeowners again!

Sorry I didn't check back in yesterday after the closing. I was so excited that I completely forgot, and we spent a good deal of time celebrating.

Let's see...how did everything go. Well, I left work at 2:30 to head over to the bank for a certified check. That was the hard part, writing a check for our downpayment. Ouch. Once that part was over, everything was smooth sailing. I grabbed a cup of coffee at CC's to soothe away the pain of writing that check, picked Lindsey up at her parent's place, and we headed over to the lawyer's office.

Once we were there, everything was very comfortable. The lawyer at the title company (Olson & O'Neill Prime Title) was really friendly and made everything pretty easy for us. The seller and our agent were there, and we went through all of the signing of papers and handing over of checks. Then the seller gave us a file box with everything we need for the house neatly organized. We got keys, garage door openers, warranty information, appliance owner's manuals, and a plethora of other stuff that I haven't even had time to sort through yet.

And that was it. We were homeowners at that point.

By the time we were done it was after 5:00 so we headed back to Lindsey's parents' house for a celebration dinner, which was delicious. We had steaks and twice baked potatoes and a bottle of pinot noir. By the time the wine was gone (and a few beers) I was feeling right as rain. Believe me I needed it. The stress I was feeling yesterday was nasty.

Once we felt we had celebrated and visited long enough we loaded up a few boxes and some chairs and brought them over to the new house. We unloaded, looked around at all of the things that were fixed over the last few days, soaked up the feeling of the moment and headed back home for the night.

Tonight we move in properly. If we can get enough done tonight, I think we can actually sleep there tonight!!