Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Walk Through

Yesterday after work Lindsey and I joined our real estate agent at the house for a final walk through before the closing tomorrow. The purpose of the walk through is, because the house is newly constructed, to look around for anything that isn't quite right that we would like the builder to fix before we purchase it. Very stressful if you don't know much about houses.

Lucky for me I was smart before the walk through. There is a key stashed on the outside of the house (no, I'm telling where) and I was able to bring a couple of people by, and take the pictures that I posted earlier. So, between my Dad, Lindsey's Dad and our friend Nike I had a list of things that needed fixing. It's nice to know you can count on those closest to you to point out all of the stuff that's wrong with your new house. Just kidding Dad, I'm glad we were able to have these things corrected. So that you'll sleep a little better, I made sure that they are going to bring in some dirt so we can get the yard leveled out. I hope you have some free time coming up because let me tell you buddy, I got dirt.

Front of House From Street (1)

Overall, even with my mental list from my main guys (I love knowing people I can trust who know about this stuff) there wasn't much for me to add to the punch-list (the list of things to be fixed).

My agent however is not so kind. She had about five handwritten pages of stuff she was going to be getting on the builder about. I can't stress enough how nice it is to have good people in your corner when doing seomthing like this. Just so you all don't think our house is falling apart and poorly constructed, three of the five pages were for paint touch ups that she wants done before we close. So only two pages were fix-ups.

I was a little curious as to how she was going to ensure that everything on that long list was fixed by tomorrow at 4:00 pm when we close. She assured me that she's gotten more done in less time before, and I was not to worry. She's feisty. Feisty is a good quality in someone who is helping you to get a house complete.