Tuesday, September 12, 2006

New Features

Periodically I am going to try to update you guys about new features on the blog that have become available with the move to Blogger Beta. I think they are pretty cool, and hopefully there will be more to come.

Labels
- You may notice at the bottom of each post, there are now terms seen near the comment button. These are labels. When I write a new post I select a label based on the content of the post and all posts with that label are grouped together. So, if you want to look through and read nothing but posts about my family, you would look on the sidebar and scroll down to the bottom to the section titled "Labels". You would then click on "Never Take Sides Against the Family" and would be taken to a page that looks just like this blog but contains nothing but posts about my family.

Links in New Windows
- You may have noticed that anytime you click on just about any link on this blog, the link opens in a new window. I write the blog this way because that's how I like my links to open. Maybe you don't? If not, you can now scroll down and look on the sidebar just beaneath the drop down box containing my archives (the one that now says "September 2006") and you will see a box with a check in it. If the box has a check in it, all links will open in new windows. If there is no check in the box, all links will open in the same window in which you are viewing the blog. I'm not sure why you would want to do that though, because that means that you would just have to click the back button to come back here, and you are coming back here, right?

Counter
- I mentioned the new counter in my last post, but thought it deserved a mention here as well.

That's all for now. Hopefully I will have many more new features to try in the coming months.