Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Gardeners in Our Midsts??

Hey, any of you guys into gardening?

If you look on the sidebar you will notice that I have added a link to the National Gardening Association in the "Stuff I Read" links. I found the site yesterday while Googling "winter vegetables in Louisiana". It's pretty cool. They have a section for gardening in different areas of the US, based on climate and season. I haven't had time to read through it all yet though.

Why was I Googling that you say? I'm glad you asked.

I want to plant a garden in our back yard, and I don't want to wait until the Spring. I want to plant it now. So I am wondering what vegetables grow well in a Louisiana winter. I'll grow most anything, but whatever I decide on has to be something I'm interested in eating, obviously. It also has to be something I want to serve to guests, because otherwise I'll just have a bunch of stuff I'll have to get rid of.

Do you guys know of any veggies that grow well in our winter weather? I plan to read some more online, and ask the folks in the local nurseries, but I haven't had time yet. In the meantime I thought you guys might know something.