Friday, August 04, 2006

Previously Hinted at Announcement

I just realized after I wrote that last post when I mentioned trying to stop by the Moxie on a cross-country drive that in an earlier post I hinted that there was an announcement that I wasn't ready to address on the internet at the time. That's the announcement.

Lindsey and I are moving back to Louisiana. We gave it a lot of thought and realized that while we did the right thing in coming to Portland after Hurricane Katrina, we are ready to go home again. The catch is that this time we are returning to Lafayette rather than New Orleans.

We are both really excited to settle down, buy a house, and hopefully have a few years devoid of surprises and excitement. We look forward to seeing all of our friends and family who are still in the area again on a regular basis. The major upside of this news: Scott and Elise are coming home too!

Lindsey will be flying home a week from today, and on the same day I will be leaving Portland in a Penske moving truck heading for Louisiana. I am not sure yet if I will be able to make it happen, but I would very much like to spend a night in Springfield, Missouri in order to catch a movie at the Moxie.