Wednesday, June 21, 2006

One Impressed Blogger

Wow. Last night I watched the 1957 movie 12 Angry Men, and can I just say...awesome!

I simply cannot believe I hadn't watched that before. It was riveting. I guess I always avoided it before because how completely boring does it sound: 12 jurors sitting around a deliberation room arguing about a case that on the surface appears to be open and shut. That sounds really boring actually. But it isn't. The movie is filled with humor and drama and excellent, witty dialogue. It is quite a feat to keep someone on the edge of their seat for an hour and thirty-six minutes using nothing but one room, 12 actors, and dialogue.

So, my point is that if you have avoided watching the movie all of your life the way that I have (to be fair I haven't actively avoided it, just never got interested enough to bother until now) you should rent it tonight and watch it ASAP. You won't be disappointed.