Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A New Day Revisited

Anyone who has been a useless and pointless knowledge reader for a while knows that I take issue with television. In the linked post, I discuss the reasons I never watched much television in the past, and the recent developments that have caused me to get off of my high horse and start tuning in.

In the year or so since I wrote that post, I have really started to enjoy watching more and more TV. All of you know how much I like watching "Lost", right? Over the last three months, I've spent a lot of time watching another show by the creator of "Lost" which I'd always ignored before. Now that pretty much the entire series is available on DVD I absolutely loved watching "Alias". I was hooked from the start. Keeping with the JJ Abrams theme, earlier thi syear I also caught the first season of "What About Brian" on ABC which I also really liked. I'm looking forward to season two.

Other shows I still enjoy either on DVD or in syndication are "Scrubs", "Friends", "Seinfeld", "Entourage", and there are more but I won't list everything.

I find myself enjoying watching TV on DVD, and TV recorded via DVR so much now that I am actively seeking out new shows to watch. I am slated to start watching season one of "24" soon (it's in my Netflix rental queue) and I am also going to try to watch Denis Leary's FX Channel fire fighter drama "Rescue Me", also in the queue is season one of "Arrested Development" and season one of "Battlestar Galactica".

The reason I revisit that year-old post now is this: What shows do you guys like? Got any recommendations? I'd love to check out some good TV. I don't care if it's comedy, drama, sci-fi, anything. Let me know what I should start watching next.