Thursday, December 01, 2005

I've Had a Busy Day...

...and it isn't even noon.

About an hour ago I spoke with the actual truck driver who will be picking up all of our stuff in New Orleans. He was just leaving Shreveport, La and will be at our house tomorrow morning at 8:00 am. So, barring any freak accidents and unforeseen events, our excruciating task of arranging movers will finally be over. Our real estate agent will meet the truck at the house to let them in and all systems will be go. I wish we had gone with this company from the beginning. If anyone out there finds themselves with the need to move long distance, I highly recommend Starving Students Moving Service.

The other big thing that happened this morning was our accepting an offer on our house in New Orleans.

On Tuesday we got an offer which we felt was a little low, and we countered on Wednesday. My agent called today to tell me that the buyer countered again, and we liked the number so we accepted.

I won’t go into details concerning numbers because that is not very gentlemanly, but I will say that it is a number that we are very happy with. The best part of the offer aside from the price is the fact that it is a 100% cash sale so we do not have to wait for the buyer to get a mortgage approval, and it is a very quick sale. We will close on December 22, 2005 assuming there are no problems between now and then with the buyers’ ability to get flood and homeowner’s insurance.

What all of this has meant for me is a morning completely busy with phone calls and faxes flying left and right. I’m ready for a nap.