Thursday, August 25, 2005

Good Grief!

For pretty much the last two weeks I haven't been feeling my blog inspiration at all. I don't feel like I've written anything of interest in at least two weeks. Sorry for that.

I've mentioned before that my computer was in the shop being repaired, but that was so long ago that most of you may have assumed that I have it back by now right?


Wrong.

The part that had to be ordered (something about the motherboard) finally came in after weeks on backorder, and so the tech guy installed it only to find out that the harddrive was bad as well. So now I'm waiting for that part to come in and only then can I have my home computer back. Luckily, harddrives are much easier to get ahold of than the previously needed part, so I should have it back within a week.

Normally not having a computer at home wouldn't mean that I can't write to you guys, my faithful readers, because I can squeeze in time at work. Some of you may know and some of you may not know that September 15th and October 15th can be almost as crazy as April 15th in the tax world. Those dates are not nearly as infamous as April 15th, but I'm here to tell you that this dude is busy as hell right now and it's not going anywhere until October 15th at the earliest. I get the sneaking suspicion that even after October 15th the shit will continue to hit the fan.

These two things combined result in my only being able to post crappy, small snippets like my two previous posts. I hate that. I just don't have time to think of anything interesting to post, much less actually post it.

Long story short folks, I'll be back. Until then, if you haven't been checking it out, the On the Rocks Institute has been really top notch lately and turning out a ton of posts. Blog newcomer Heisman Run is also being updated pretty frequently and is a really good read. Check them both out, and as always follow the links in the sidebar for my regular reads. I wouldn't put the links there if they weren't worth visiting.