Tuesday, June 21, 2005

For Book Lovers

I was researching on the internet a while back for information on bloggers who have gotten publishing deals as a result of their blog for a friend of mine and one of the sites I accidentally stumbled upon was Project Gutenberg.

I'm not sure how popular this site is, but I've never heard anyone talk about it really, so if you don't know now you know.

Project Gutenberg is a site devoted to delivering classic literature through an impressive online database. In essence, it is an online library that does not require a library card. I love it and think you will too. Just download the file, print it up (or read it on screen if you carry a laptop or PDA) and that's all there is to it.

So check them out when you have time. I just got three new books from the site and I can't wait to get into them. I got the following:

F. Scott Fitzgerald - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (short story)

H.G. Wells - The War of the Worlds (that's right, I've never read it)

James Joyce - A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man