Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year!

I spent my New Year's Eve at a friend's house celebrating the way everyone does: a small group of my closest friends with lots of fireworks, food, booze, and Guitar Hero. It was an awesome night and I would not have wanted it to be any different.

I've only played Guitar Hero twice now. Once on New Year's Eve and once before. I'll come right out and tell you I'm no wunderkind. I suck at it. I'm sure with practice I could be mediocre at best, but today I suck.

If you have ever played the game, you know it is not necessarily easy. You have no idea. Check out this story about a video gamer who watched a true savant play the most difficult song in the game. Then check out the video after the jump of another kid doing the same thing. (via Kottke.org)