Monday, July 30, 2007

Notable Events That Have Occured While My Head Was In The Sand



I'm getting to the point now that I update so rarely I wonder if I can even sustain a blog anymore. Assuming anyone is still checking in with any regularity, here are a few notable events I missed while on hiatus.

June 28, 2007 - Scott and Elise fourth wedding anniversary. Happy anniversary you guys. Not only is my head buried in the sand as it relates to the blogosphere, but it is buried in relation to real life as well. I'm not sure what you did to celebrate, but I hope it was great. Congrats.

July 13, 2007 - Happy Birthday Scott and Donovan. I hope you each had a great one.

July 19, 2007 - Happy Birthday Mom. I hesitate to say your age because I know what a sensitive subject that can be, but it starts with a 5 and ends with an 0. Maybe that's discreet enough. I really hope it was a great one. The real beauty of it is that with every passing day I am convinced that age means less and less in today's society. Today's 50 is yesterday's 30. We've entered an era which allows our behavior to dictate our station in life rather than the opposite. Do as you please, and I hope you had a great time.

July 19, 2007 - Lindsey and Luke fourth wedding anniversary. We had a nice quiet anniversary this year. Nothing special, just a nice dinner. Hopefully we can do it up really nice for number five next year.

April - Have I mentioned here that Lindsey and I quit smoking? While we were trying I didn't want to say too much, in case we failed, but we started trying to quit back in March and I'm pretty sure we officially quit in April. I know for a fact that Lindsey hasn't smoked since April 21st or so. I'd say that I officially quit around the same time, but I have had one or two since then when drinking alcohol. In any case, we both went from a pack a day to pretty much 0 per day on average since March. We used the Pfizer drug Chantix, and both found it to be way easier than quitting smoking should have been. If you are interested in quitting, we wholeheartedly recommend this drug. Please. I kicked a 12 year pack a day habit and hardly blinked to do it. This is officially a wonder-drug.

That about wraps up everything that has been happening. I'd like to say that I am going to start blogging more regularly and keeping you guys more up to date, but I am still studying for the CPA exam and chances are I won't update nearly as often as I'd like to. On that front, I took FAR (Financial Accounting and Reporting) for the first time a few weeks ago and haven't gotten my results yet, and I will be taking Auditing for the second time on Friday, August 3rd. Hopefully two times will be a charm.