Monday, November 06, 2006

A Serious Mystery

Hey everyone, I need some help solving a mystery.

On Saturday I checked the mail and there was a package in the mailbox. A few days ago I ordered a hardcover book from Amazon.com and was surprised that it had arrived so quickly.

I walked into the house, sorted through the rest of the mail and then opened the package. I was surprised to find that the book in the package was not the book I had ordered. I checked the packing clip to see if there had been some mistake, perhaps my book was mixed up and another was sent in its place? The packing slip had my name all over it and the book I received was the book on the slip. There hadn't been some mistake.

Well, upon closer inspection the mystery took an exciting turn. The book I received was actually a book I hadn't heard of, but was a book I was very glad to have in my hands.

Zombie Survival Guide

You see, a few months ago I read Max Brooks' parody survival guide, The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection From the Living Dead. I simply LOVED the book, and who wouldn't? Zombies are awesome and when the invasion happens I would like to count myself among the prepared who will survive and live to repopulate the planet. Plus it was hysterical.

I didn't even know that Brooks had written a new book, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War, yet that is the book that showed up in my mailbox.
World War Z

So what I ask of you dear readers is, does anyone know who sent this to me and why? I would certainly like to thank whoever had the wonderful insight to do so because that package certainly made my weekend.