Friday, May 05, 2006

Good News!

I guess this blog looks like it's becoming the haven for useless news items that it once was (maybe that's a good thing, I don't know).

Good news for fans of Haruki Murakami:

This fall, we announced the publication of [Haruki] Murakami's forthcoming
story collection called BLIND WILLOW, SLEEPING WOMAN. It's a
remarkable group of stories delivering the magic of Murakami. Visit
the library to view the jacket that Chip Kidd has created for this
one, read more about the book, and pre-order your copy. BLIND WILLOW,
SLEEPING WOMAN will be officially on sale on August 29th, but as a
subscriber to this newsletter, you'll also find out later in the month
how to receive access to a complete story before the book hits stores.

Then, coming next summer, a new novel! AFTER DARK is scheduled for
release in May of 2007. Stay tuned for more details.

http://info.randomhouse.com/cgi-bin21/DM/y/en840KPBgM0ECb0apV0Ed


I'd heard about the collection of short stories before, which should be cool (although I tend to prefer novels over short story form...just my personal preference) but the news of this novel AFTER DARK is very exciting to me. I loved his latest, KAFKA ON THE SHORE and so can't wait for this one. Wish it were coming out sooner though.