Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Cannon Beach, Oregon - Coasting Along Beautifully

My after tax season treat was a trip to Cannon Beach, Oregon. Cannon Beach is a sleepy little coastal town just over an hour from Portland. The town is renowned (I'm not sure famous would be the right word here) for Haystack Rock, one of the largest free-standing rocks in the world (I'm not sure how they discount mountains, which are just really big rocks right?)

Lindsey and I went down there the weekend after tax season and had a lovely time. It was perfect. We did a lot of shopping, relaxing, sitting quietly in our room reading by a huge picture window with tons of warm sunshine pouring in, etc. I was able to see a killer sunset. This was the first time I laid eyes on the Pacific Ocean. It's big by the way. Real big.

Sunset on the Haystack

If you would like to see all of the pictures I took there, check out my album. I took a ton of photos and uploaded most of them. There are 106 pictures to look at.

Cannon Beach, Oregon - A Photoset on Flickr