Thursday, January 05, 2006

Still Kicking

Just thought I'd check in here to let you know that I'm still alive and well.

I haven't given up blogging, but I haven't quite been able to write anything lately.

I am very excited however, because tonight Lindsey and I are going to join Scott and Elise for a screening of Breakfast at Tiffany's, an absolute favorite of Lindsey's (admittedly, I like it a lot too).

Two things I'm excited about regarding living in Portland:

1) There are lots of neat things to do if you just keep your eyes open and pay attention. The movie tonight is one example. There are a ton of great independant theaters in town, which are always screening something cool. I bet I could find at least three things a week that I'd like to see. Also, someone was generous enough to give me a gift certificate to the Portland Performing Arts Center for Christmas, so I'm waiting for the right moment to take advantage of that (thanks Mom).

2) Hanging out with Scott and Elise on a regular basis. Last week we went to a killer Indian restaurant called Swagat. I am here to tell you that it was supreme. Maybe the best I've had. I can't wait for the weather to improve, because right now it's all you can do to force yourself outside of the house if you don't have to.