Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Back to the Grindstone

Yesterday I had my first day of work since September 30th. I started work in Portland and my first day went very well. I can tell already that I am going to enjoy working for this firm.

I went into work at 8:00, got the tour of the office, was shown to my own office (not cubicle, office…with a window,) and promptly given a stack of work to get started on. That’s just the way I like it. No messing around or sitting down alone to read the employee manual, just straight to work. The time goes by so much more quickly.

Since it was my first day some of the staffers took me out to lunch at a Japanese restaurant which was really good. I had sushi naturally, because it’s awesome.

That’s pretty much it. Just an all around uneventful first day.

I am so glad to be working again after almost 11 weeks of sitting around doing nothing but waiting, having something to do feels great.