Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Help Me With A Tribute to My Brother

Today is August 9th, and my brother Ed is leaving to fly to Kuwait on August 18th. From Kuwait he will be driving with the rest of his company to their post in Iraq. He will be in Iraq for 12 - 18 months. That's a pretty damned long time no matter who you are or what you're doing, but it's much longer if you've got people shooting at you regularly.

He e-mailed me recently to ask what I would do with my last weekend in America before leaving, because the weekend coming up is his last.

I would like for all of my readers: my regulars, my sometimes, and any first timers who read this to put together their list of what you would do on your last weekend if you were in his position. You can either post a comment with your list or e-mail it to me at Necrite98@gmail.com. I will compile the list of everyone's ideas and make a new post as a tribute to Ed.

Make sure you either e-mail me or leave a comment with your list by midnight on Thursday, August 11th. That way I can have the compiled list up on Friday.

Here is the list I sent him:

I know you said that you went to a strip club last weekend, but I can't imagine a better way to spend my last weekend in the United States than with a big, beautiful pair of free and democratic titties in my face.

I'd do that, and do some serious drinking. I'd be sure to smoke all the American cigarettes I can get my hands on, because they might not be available in Iraq...you might have to smoke some Middle Eastern shit once you get there and who knows if they're any good. Not as good as a pack of Camels anyway.

I'd eat some fast food and stuff that I probably wouldn't be able to get overseas. I don't know what's available over there, but I'd be willing to bet their pizza sucks!

I'd call my brother.

I'd sleep late.

I'd make sure to write e-mails, read blogs, and check my favorite websites, because even though you're SUPPOSED to have internet access over there, you never know.

I guess that would make for a pretty busy weekend. I'd pass out on Sunday night.

Love,

Luke