Monday, July 18, 2005

Weekend Update

I had a pleasantly uneventful weekend. Pretty much just worked in the yard, worked on various things in the house, and watched movies.

I watched the classic western inspired by Akira Kurusawa's The Seven Samurai, The Magificent Seven, directed by John Sturges and also watched Gunner Palace, a documentary following a company stationed in Bagdhad in 2003. Both were good.

As far as the house is concerned, since I don't have the money to actually do any of the improvements I want to do right now, I sat down with pencil and paper and designed the things I have in mind. I measured the dimensions of our back yard and laid out the way that I want it to look, and I measured a wall in my office and designed a set of built in shelves that I plan to build (with help of course.) Just looking at them on paper, I can tell you that when it's all said and done both will be very nice.