Wednesday, July 06, 2005

That Time of Year Again

The time has come again for one of only two times all year when I pay any attention at all to professional sports.

The NBA playoffs are one of those times of year, which we just finished (damn you Spurs,) but the other time is that period just before the NFL season gets under way when the new John Madden NFl game is released.

Madden 2006 will be available on August 9, 2005, and for a brief period I will actually care about professional football. I bury myself in the house and camp out in front of the TV with all the rest of the football obsessed slobs across the country in order to discover all of the new tricks and bells and whistles included in the latest edition of one of the most popular video game franchises in history.

Then, as I tire of the game my interest in football wanes and I revert back to my normal opinion of who gives a damn.