Tuesday, June 14, 2005

How To Successfully Run a Business...

...and have your employees like you.

Last week I had to go to a client's office to help his comptroller determine the best format for the client's financial statements when using Quickbooks, and it had to be done that day and done well because the client had a meeting with the owner of the accounting firm where I work the next morning.

No sweat, right?

About 30 seconds ago, the gentleman who owns the firm I work for walked up to my cubicle, addressed me by name and told me that I did a great job with getting the statements exactly as the client wanted them.

Lesson:

If you own a business which employs upwards of 50 people and you not only remember the name of a lowly staff person but go out of your way to congratulate them on a job well done, you will probably be a successful business owner indeed.

Needless to say I'm feeling pretty good about myself right now.