Friday, May 06, 2005

We May Not Have Known How to Camp...

...But we sure as hell knew how to have a great time.

When I was 18 years old, seven friends and I went on a camping trip. We went up to Kisatchie National Forest in central Louisiana for some hiking and camping, and we brought a ridiculous amount of liquor with us. We built an awesome fire, had a ton of fun, and then got hit by one of the worst thunderstorms I've ever seen in my entire life. It rained all night, and when we woke up everything was flooded. That part sucked, but everything else was a blast.

On the ride home Scott, who was there, wrote down a stream-of-consciousness list of all the funny little inside-joke type things that we said all weekend. I'll be honest and admit that I don't remember half of them. I even included a small drawing that Scott did on the bottom of the page.

**********DISCLAIMER**********
This list contains a rather large amount of gratuitous and incredibly foul language. If you are offended by this type of language, or just don't care to read it, I would strongly recommend and request that you not read further.

There, you have been warned. So no complaining if your delicate sensibilities are offended and broken into a thousand tiny pieces.

Also, to be perfectly honest, I'm really only posting this for the benefit of the people who were there, who also read this blog. If you weren't there, chances are this won't be all that funny.






Alright, seriously...fire in the hole...nobody fuck wit da Jesus man...are you talking?...refried beans...shove a living snake up his ass!...can opener competition...magnesium...and that's the Ethiopian, shim-sham!..spin the bottle...Mr. Bean theatre...nudism...sand on Billy's forehead...my boy...not my boy...Stevie is a crack whore!...brain fart...I'm too short for this job!...what the fuck's a BLT?...GROW DAMMIT!...awriiight...scrotal area...pussy gnome...mother ass!...rum and coke...dey fuckin in da middle a da road!...I'm gonna start sucking on these damp lichen...weak dude...I'm sorry, what?...where's Billy's shirt?...awwwesome...it was the rapist...you're hiking with the damn chicken tender!...keep the snake out of the house...upstairs...downstairs...I'm fucking digging this rock up...close ass lightning...Luke, you stink...I'm lost...you've never seen me this drunk before...Ok guys, we're seriously fucked here...I know exactly where we are, where the fuck are we?...I-18 does not exist...unidentified body found...ooh, he's dirty...Beth was hiding in her camera...cowboy coffee, motor oil!...t-shirt filter...Neil has appeased the shit gods...can we please be serious for a minute?...get out of the fucking road bird, or I will hit you!...does it just suck being you?

Camping