Sunday, May 15, 2005

Sonnier vs. Tree Stump: Round I

Score:

Sonnier: 00

Tree Stump: 01

There is a gigantic tree stump in my back yard that is going to be in the way when I lay down a sidewalk soon. This is it:

100_0447

You can see in the picture above the stump in the center, and the large root snaking off under the house in the bottom right corner of the picture.

100_0446

Here you can see that there is also another root that snakes off in the other direction. This is going to be a tricky little bugger for sure.



To remove it, I began by trying to dig it up with a shovel, and this is what happened:

100_0449

100_0448


In short, the stump kicked my ass. I made absolutely no progress whatsoever. I have officially declared war on the stump.

I get the feeling that this fight will go the full 12 rounds. Stay tuned for Round II, in which I use my new tools that I purchased after Round I:

100_0451


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! You are mine stump!