Tuesday, May 03, 2005

It's amazing that about a year ago, I felt like I was doing ok with money as long as I still had X number of dollars in my checking account but now I feel broke when I have three times that amount.

It's like Notorious B.I.G. said, "More money, more problems."

What that has really come to mean is that the more money you make, the higher your expenses seem to get. Your standard of living is always just beyond your means. I know that isn't what Biggie meant when he said it, but that's how it applies to the average person. For him, the more money he had, the more enemies he seemed to have. And his enemies were very real ones that eventually caught up to him.

Sometimes I wish I could have stayed in college forever. But back in college, all I wanted in the world was to get out and start making decent money.

There's just no pleasing some people. I guess that is what keeps us moving forward, like a shark constantly on the hunt for its next meal. An eternal forward motion that only builds upon itself exponentially rather than ever satisfying anything.

Damn that's depressing. Thoughts like these are the ones that help me to realize why religion is so important to people.