Sunday, March 27, 2005

Summer In the City

I'm Batman

Now that the weather is warming up again down here in the deep south, I am reminded of the time that I was forced to dress up as Batman to entertain children while working at the local Winn-Dixie back home.

This was for a Fourth of July celebration that was held in the store's parking lot.

Can you even imagine how hot it was in that ridiculous, all-black suit in the middle of Louisiana, July summer heat? It was unreal.

Why did they even want Batman? At a Fourth of July celebration? The goofy tall guy in the Uncle Sam costume is one thing, but Batman, c'mon!

In addition to me in my Batman suit, and the jolly Uncle Sam, there were Fred and Wilma Flintstone, Barney and Betty Rubble, and everyone's favorite July 4th characters, Tom & Jerry.

Man I hated that job!