Sunday, September 19, 2004

The Sweet and the Sour (Mostly Sweet): Part 1

This is the first in a series of installments in which I will describe the things that I think are great about Lindsey. I talk about her on the blog a lot, but you guys may not know her. Even if you do, I get to see and hear things that you do not. She is a pretty funny chick, and lots of fun to be around.



Last night we were watching the local news. The mayor of one of the little back-water Louisiana towns near the Gulf of Mexico was being interviewed regarding the damage that Hurricane Ivan caused. He said that his town was: "lucky, but we did have some wind damage and the town became inundated with water."



Lindsey was sitting next to me working a cross-word puzzle. She simply looked up, looked at the guy on tv, and said, "Wow. That's a big word for a fucking idiot." and that was it.



I laughed until it hurt.